Friday, May 4, 2012

Becca's Desk

by Nora Johnson, Development Intern

Nora being helpful.


Today, I decided to clean out my boss Becca’s desk, after never being able to find a working pen. 

I had no idea I was about to enter a time capsule. 


After collecting all of the pens, the race was close, but the non-working pens beat the working-pens, 31-23. 

The big winner of the day was Jeff Tessler, however, as he had 65 business cards strewn throughout the desk. 

As I reached my hand to the back of the drawer cautiously, (in case there was an animal or the like back there), I came across an envelope with ten dollars cash in it. Although I was tempted to split the money with Jenni, we put it in the student membership fund, where it belongs. 

I also found enough nametags for next year’s auction. (Debbie Rugg will be pleased.) Here is a list of some of my favorite items found:
  • Disney crayon pencil (might be the same one I had when I was 3 years old, I’m not sure)
  • Best boss ever Christmas ornament, framed with pink and gold pearls
  • Basketball medal (Why?)
  • Old skool pic of Becca and Joe
  • Enough napkins and plastic utensils to last a year

Now if I’m in a jam and need a pen quickly, I’ll know where to go.



No comments: