Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the 141st Annual University YMCA Luncheon and Awards Ceremony to celebrate our legacy, accomplishments and friendship.
At the Annual Luncheon and Awards Ceremony last Saturday, April 12:
We honored the leadership of our outgoing Board Chair Ellen Dahlke, who kept us thinking about meaningful inclusion at the Y. We also remembered Betty Earle, the Y's Director of Operations, who will be retiring this August after 26 years of dedicated service.
We celebrated and honored the accomplishments of our student and
community leaders and supporters of the Y's work towards social justice, environmental protection, global engagement, and faith in action.
This year, the Y awarded the
- Harold Colvin Award for Undergraduate Leadership to Tyler Rotche
- Distinguished Service Award to Sally Feng
- Edward Nestigen Alumni Award to John and Diane Marlin
- J Frederick Miller Award for Distinguished Volunteer Service to Ross Wantland
- Distinguished Service Award for Volunteer Service to Lorenzo Macedo
- John Price Award for International Understanding to Resmina William
- Outstanding Student Program Award to Green Observer (G!O)
We cannot begin to describe within the brevity of a blog entry this year's awards recipients and their many accomplishments. To learn more, please visit: